1. Monday I spent all day working on frustrating Photoshop to make Amanda's birthday invitations for her classmates. Finally, I was happy with the results and I learned a lot through trial and error. Here is the finished product:

2. Surfing the internet for birthdays, I found some cute ideas from everything from cupcake ice cream cones, to cupcake pops, to a birthday cake made to look like a purse. I'm dying to give some of these a try. I also found a great new blog called Bakerella. It is all about cakes and cupcakes. (I know Brad and Justin are rushing to see this one.) http://bakerella.blogspot.com/
3. I cleaned out the pantry the other day. Then I decided I needed some more shelves to handle all the Costco purchases and to make some extra space. I purchased a nice chrome 5 shelf stand from Target. I unwrapped the heavy box, undid the plastic, and began to build the first 2 shelves. Then I tried to put it in the pantry. Well.... it fit.... it just didn't fit flush against the wall, it was 1/2 inch too wide. Then Nicholas quips, "You should have measured it first." Great......... Even my 4 year old has more common sense than his mother. (But in all fairness, when I eyeballed it........... it looked like it was going to fit:)
4. Nicholas and I are going to make a return to Target tomorrow.
5. Tonight I baked 2 dozen cupcakes for Daisy Girl Scouts tomorrow because I am the snack Mom. You are suppose to bring something semi-healthy to hold the girls over during the meeting. However, Amanda really wanted cupcakes because of her upcoming birthday, therefor, I am also bringing fruit skewers to balance out the chocolate. Don't you think that is a good compromise?
6. Tomorrow Nicholas and I are baking lots of Valentine's cookies for a church service project. The kids will then get a chance to decorate them Sunday afternoon and they will go to some seniors. I have been doing a lot of baking lately. Do you see a recurring theme? Maybe I should open a bakery in my spare time.
7. So we have had 3 RSVP's since yesterday for Amanda's party. They have all been from Amanda's good friends and no one can come. I guess that is what happens when you make the party for mid-winter break and everyone goes out of town. Anyway..... This morning I changed the party. I found a new date at the girls spa for mid-March. Now I have to talk to the mother's who already got the wrong invites and resend some new invitations. Oh well, at least I know what I'm doing in Photoshop this time. How do I get myself in these messes?? Now my only concern is that the baby does not come early. However, if she does, Steve will have a great time with a bunch of 7 year old girlie girls.... Ha, Ha.
8. I had a break this afternoon and I got my hair cut and colored. It is amazing how something so small can make you feel so much better! I no longer look like a tired, old mama. I don't have any gray and my hair is no longer a mess.
9. I just started a new book, the Secret Life of Bees. It has been out for awhile and everyone seems to like it. I also noticed that it was made into a movie that is coming out on DVD. So far I really like the book.
10. Since I have been reading more lately, I haven't been watching too much t.v. I am behind on 24 and Lost. I did see the Office after the Superbowl and it was pretty funny. The fire drill was crazy and I like when they roasted Michael. The song that Andy sang was great!
Well, I hope everyone is having a random week........ Until later............
1 comment:
The invitations turned out really cute. You sound like you continue to keep yourself really busy, but am glad to hear that you are able to find time to read and get your haircut. Having a little time for yourself really goes a long way. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment