Thursday, February 4, 2010

And so life goes.............

A glimpse of the last week or so...............

Friday Jan 22. Nick was still home from school sick. However Monday he would get to be the "Greatest Grasshopper" for the week at school. We had to share pictures with his class. Here are his favorite toys. Dinosaurs of course!

Sat. Jan. 23......and let's not forget his favorite book....... The Great Big Book of Dinosaurs.....

Sunday, Jan. 24. Cuddly, cute, sisters

Monday, January 25. First, it was Monday... yuck... and it was snowy.... double yuck.... so I made the kids hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls as a snack after school....

Not the healthiest after-school treat... but the kids seem pretty happy.....

Tuesday, Jan. 26. Nicholas is obsessed with this Ankylosaurus puzzle that he puts together daily. He loves to watch it glow-in-the-dark. It never fails to impress this 5 year old.

Wednesday, Jan. 27. Amanda is home from school sick with a stomach bug. Ugh! At least she didn't get it as bad as Nicholas. Anyway, here is the photo of the day. As you can see I'm trying some new snacks with Gabby. I'm not so sure she likes the biter biscuits. She took about 2 licks as I was preparing a salad. When I turned around..............

Look who got the entire thing..... Such a smart dog....He inhaled it before I could tell him to stop.

Thursday, Jan. 28. Gabriella looks older in this photo. Maybe it is the freshly shampooed hair.


Friday, Jan. 29. The kids brought up the Dr. kit to play with Gabby. She was such a willing patient as Nick and Amanda examined her. Of course she was grilled about what medicines she had taken within the last 24 hours, did she have a fever, etc. Here Nick is checking out her eyes with his precise magnifying instrument.....

Gabby is unable to read the eye chart according to Amanda. The consensus is that Gabriella will need to wear glasses.


Saturday, Jan. 30. We had a fun playdate with the cousins. We had not seen Emmersyn and Cameron in a very long time. Gabby was entertained pulling Emmersyn's bow out of her hair. Everything was great until Gabby actually pulled her hair. Yikes!


What a cute little doll!


Sunday, Jan. 31. Finally, she is starting to stand.....

Monday, Feb. 1. This is the last time we have seen this smiling face in awhile. Gabby caught Nick's cold and has been miserable at night. Steve and I have had no sleep. Our cute little girl has been sick and crabby and cranky.

Tuesday, Feb. 2. We needed a new garbage can so bad. The old one was broken and annoying. I got this new stainless steel beauty at my favorite Costco.

To my surprise.... when I opened it up..... it had instructions. Excuse me.... I mean a User's Manual. I am not kidding you. Normally, I just open the lid and throw out my trash. I'm not sure what they are going to tell me, maybe there is a special way to throw out the trash. I guess I will have to read the introduction..........

Well, if all else fails...... or I can't figure out how to open the lid and insert the trash....there is always the troubleshooting guide. Check it out. It helps you figure out if the lid doesn't open or close. Ha, Ha.
(OK... I did fail to mention.... it runs on batteries and has a motion sensor. The kids have been having a field day with opening and closing the lid.)

Wednesday,Feb. 3. I couldn't resist xoxo cupcakes. Valentine's Day is only a week away.


Finally, Thursday, Feb. 4. It amazes me how quickly kids can pick up technology. Nicholas has confiscated Steve's ipod touch and is listening to a favorite song.

Now he is dancing.... I couldn't resist his butt shaking to the music..... Ha, Ha,


I wonder what next week will bring. Until later...........

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I loved the blog entry and all of the pictures. The garbage can is really cool. I might have to pick one up. It might be an incentive for Cameron to throw away his garbage if he had a cool can like that!

Yum Yum to the cinnamon rolls and cupcakes. I hope the cinnamon rolls were box made. The decorated cupcakes gives me an idea to do with Cameron, although he doesn't like the frosting, but the m&m's would be a hit.

Cute picture of Amanada and Gabby together and I'm still impressed with the sweater that Michele made for Gabby. It is so cute on her.

As for Nicholas and doing the puzzle constantly, isn't it better than him playing the Wii or fighting with Amanda????

Can't wait for the next blog entry!!!