I tried to make this petal cake I saw on pinterest. It was made in Amanda's favorite colors and marbled in the center. I think I needed a less firm icing. It took a lot of icing to cover this cake... but that is Amanda's favorite part..... The frosting!!!! I'm glad she liked it. It was too bad she didn't get to blow out her birthday candles. We sang Happy Birthday to her over FaceTime as she laid in her bed.
Before any guests arrived Aunt Laura dropped off this gift for Amanda. Brad and the cousins weren't coming because of sickness.... but Aunt Laura made the effort to see the Birthday girl before heading off to work. She is always thinking about her nieces and nephews! Look at this cool beach bag. It was just what Amanda wanted and she can't wait to take it on the cruise.
Amanda made a reappearance at the party to open her gifts a couple hours later. Look how happy she was to get more Lululemon stuff thanks to her great Aunt and Uncle and cousins.
New sunglasses for the summer and spending money to go with them.....A cute Lululemon skirt for tennis..... her Aunt Mo Mo is always so generous
More cute workout inspired clothes.... And that is about all the photos I took at the actual party.
The day of Amanda's actual birthday I surprised her with donuts for breakfast. That was a treat because we never have donuts.... and I'm the meanest mom ever..... but not this morning.... I was the coolest mom ever!!! (So I took a picture... so I could remind her....)
Next we move to a week and a half after Amanda's birthday. I realized that she never had the opportunity to blow out her 12 birthday candles on a cake. I wanted her to make one great wish that would come true this 12th year of her life.... ALAS.... off to the store to buy a cake in order to grant a wish.... and just like that.... we were eating more chocolate and sugar. (I'm not complaining or anything.... I'm always up for more cake!) How do you like my decorating technique this time? I have to say it was so much quicker than making icing and using a piping bag. This just took some hot air, left over water balloons, and some skewers!
Singing Happy Birthday and Sto Lat to the 12 and 1 week year old.....
I just wanted a shot of her blowing out the candles.... but she made me take it on her tablet so I never got a picture of her making her wish... but I'm sure you can find her photo on instagram!!!
There you have it... a lot of Amanda, Amanda, Amanda..... We love her so!!!! Until later....





2 comments:
I love that this blog was all about AMANDA. It made me think that I should single out each of the kids for a “special” day more than just once a year. I think I’m going to implement an “All about _____ day” at least once a month!
The birthday cake was amazing, as usual...and tasted just as scrumptious as it looked. It was a bummer than Amanda started not to feel well, but she pulled through and am glad she felt better toward the end.
She got some pretty great gifts to take with her on the cruise. Let the countdown begin. I’m jealous! It is going to be so much fun....and so HOT! It’s hard to fathom that this time of year.
That was so thoughtful of you to go out and get birthday donuts! You are definitely an AWESOME mom. I would not have done that...Going out in the cold, getting fresh donuts....that is truly dedication and shows how much you love your daughter!
The balloon birthday cake is AWESOME. I would have never thought of that. Emmersyn is begging me to fill up the water balloons left over from last year, and I would have never thought to blow them up with air rather than water!
12 years do go by fast...but she still looks the same to me....a cute, precious, beautiful little girl. I love that girl!
What a bummer to be sick on your birthday. Just the same, you made her birthday special. So sweet! Hope everyone was healthy yesterday and had a great Easter! xoxo
Post a Comment