Friday, February 12, 2010

This week......

I don't know if it is just today or what.... but I'm definitely in a funk. I'm feeling a little sad, a bit overworked, a lot under appreciated, tired, and all around gloomy. I'm tired of people needing things, and not just my kids. I'm tired of the fighting, the complaining, the crying, and the cleaning up. Yikes! I know tomorrow has to be a better day. I think I just need some down time. Anyway.... here is the past week in photos.

Friday, Feb. 5. I don't know if I actually took this photo on Friday....

Saturday, Feb. 6.. Or maybe I took it on Sat.? She has such great eyes and........ I just watched a tutorial in Photoshop on how to make the eyes "pop." I played around with a couple photos and the difference was subtle, but it really worked. I'm sure I'll be playing with this function a lot. I guess that means I can check off my resolution to learn something new.

Sunday, Feb. 7. Welcome to Dino Land. My family room is ALWAYS strewn with T-rex, and Trodon, pterdactyls, and stegasaurus. It really shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm always stepping on them and warning Nicholas about choking hazards. I'm always yelling at Nick for the 5th time to clean it up and I lose my temper. Having a 9 month old baby that loves to put things in her mouth is a bad combination with Dino Land. The fake rocks and trees are really dangerous. UGH!

Monday, Feb. 8. We began making Valentines. Nick wrote out store bought Dino valentines and Amanda made homemade flowers.

Didn't they come out cute!

Tuesday, Feb. 9. That was a lot of tracing and cutting and taping. Thanks Mom!


Wednesday, Feb., 10. SNOW DAY! The kids wore their pajama's backwards, flushed an ice cube down the toilet, and taped a penny to the window sill, all in the hopes that there would be a snow day. Well, guess what? It worked. The snow day recipe was a success. Therefor..... I made chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Instead of thumbs up, I got a peace out sign. Can you see that their pj's are still inside out?

A snowday wouldn't be complete without playing in the snow.


Thursday, Feb. 11. I started making Valentine's treats for Nick and Amanda's class parties. This was a recipe for cake balls. They tasted pretty good and looked super cute. Unfortunately, they were very time consuming. Easy, but time consuming. Remind me not to make them next year.

And then........... I had to tie them up real pretty and stamp some tags for the kids to sign.....
I also finished 2 books this week. The first was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I liked it. It was a little dark, it kept my interest, and I will probably read the sequel. The second book was Not my Daughter. It was a very quick read about 3 girls that get pregnant at 17 because they had a pact. One of the mother's was the high school principal. It was good, there was a lot to talk about, but I found parts of it unrealistic. Overall, 2 good reads.
Anyway.... I'm off to order heart shaped pizza's for dinner..... I can't wait for Steve to come home so I can have some attention. Until later.......

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I can't believe that you cut out and put together all of Amanda's Valentines. Why not just get Amanda store bought cards like Nicholas????

The pancakes looked yummy, but those cake balls looked scrumptious! Yum, Yum! But once again I can't believe all the time you put into packaging them up for 5 year olds! You spend a lot of time making all of your projects look perfect to present. I don't have the patience!

As for the eyes popping...I did notice a difference in the pictures and think that is a cool aspect to focus on. Plus, Gabby has such big, beautiful eyes, and it's great to be able to accentuate that feature.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You need to take a little more time for YOU to focus on YOU!!!

Aunt Annette said...

With all you did this week, I can't believe you found time to finish up two books! The valentine chocolates look soooo yummy! I bet there are plenty of mom's in your kid's classes that wish they had the time and ENERGY to do all that you do!!! ...not to mention the talent!! Remember though, you don't need to fill every minute of every day with being a great mom!!

I think what you need is a dose of time to yourself, you need to plan another scrapbooking event day -- maybe a weekend scrapbooking event. (What do you think Maureen?) I know a gal that travels all over to go to scrapbooking events!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!