Monday, June 7, 2010

Let Summer Begin with an Abundance of Photos.....

I just unloaded the camera so I thought I would share a few new photos of the past week or so.... Remember Memorial Day weekend.... when the weather was so nice, the sun was shining, and there was no rain in sight..... The kids had a fun time getting out the slip n' slide to celebrate the official start of summer.....

Then Mo and Cam and Emmersyn decided to take a drive and join in the fun. This is the only shot I got of the kids playing in the sprinkler.
The girls stayed dry inside.... Such a cute photo of the cousins...Finally!

Memorial Day we decided to play putt putt and invited Amanda's best friend to join us. We played in the late afternoon, in between rain showers.... and it was great.... no one was at the place.... the weather wasn't too hot... and everyone had fun.

Nicholas is great at keeping score. After hitting the ball 6 or 7 times he usually announces "3" for the hole....I think he made par on the course after 18 holes.

Amanda lining up a putt...

Gabby is taking notes for next year. She is checking out the back swing.

And we couldn't leave without a few minutes on the trampolines....





A random shot of Gabriella.... she is avoiding my camera more and more lately....


Last Wednesday was my final Brownie meeting.... Yahoo!!! We had a pinning ceremony to celebrate the end of the year. I spent the entire day running around to finish these little bags and fill out certificates. It was pretty much a nightmare since it was pouring rain and Gabby and I went into about 7 different stores. While she napped I put everything together. I'm happy I don't have to think about Brownies anymore.
Here I am 15 minutes before the sitter gets to our house.... I'm sewing on Amanda's patches and I haven't even gotten ready to leave. Nothing like leaving things for the last minute.....
The patches on the front of the sash are iron-on so they are AWESOME... the back is not so awesome... they are thick and difficult to sew and hard to hide the stitches.... that is why I leave them until the last minute....

Looking cute.... crawling all over the place... not walking yet...

I made dinner for Bradley and Laura this week since Brad went back to work and I know they are exhausted. I remember not wanting to even think about dinner during those early weeks.... Here is a little goodie I tucked in their care package....

I haven't scrapbooked in sooooo long..... it was fun to throw this together during Gabby's nap....

The cute photos made the project easy to pull together... Now if I can only get my own baby scrapbooked....

The soccer season is finally winding down.... Grammie and Grampie came to Amanda's game on Sat. afternoon. Gabby was feeling a little under the weather and I had the beginnings of a cold... The weather held out and we had a good time watching Amanda.

Nick was passing the time riding his scooter back and forth, around and around... this is a photo right before a major wipe-out with a skinned knee and elbow... Grampie thought it was a cool new trick that Nick was trying to show off.... I told him not to give Nicholas any ideas...

Here is some of the action.... I didn't get any great shots.... I was far away and not in a great position.... I wish I could have captured her goal.

My number 14 is so funny when she scores. She doesn't jump up and down, or yell, or pump her fist. She gives a tiny little grin and before you know it.... it disappears... it is a fleeting little smirk and then she is off and down the field again. I'm really proud of her. She has improved a lot since the fall. She knows where to be on the field most of the time, she is not scared of getting the ball, and she will even get kicked in the shins, or take a body shot. That's my girl.

That's it for now. I need to quickly put some dinner on the table because we are off to our last soccer practice of the season. I started this post last night and didn't have time to finish it. I was baking a few dozen graduation cookies for Nick's class celebration tomorrow. I can hardly wait for his graduation ceremony. I wonder what moves he will pull out. I will charge my video camera tonight after I ice a few dozen cookies. Until later.............

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! What an entry! Loved it...loved the pictures...and loved the commentary. So, here we go with a few quick thoughts before Emmersyn wakes up...

1. You got some cute pictures on the Slip n' Slide. Cameron is looking forward to coming back to play some more.

2. The putt putt picture of Gabby eyeing Steve is GREAT! She will be a pro next year beating out both Nick and Amanda!

3. I'm afraid to show Cameron the trampoline pictures...it's going to start a begging session to bring him some where. He loves the trampoline. I forget what he calls it...I'll have to ask, it's a cute name.

4. You're crazy for doing all those Brownie bags. Can't wait to see the graduation cookies.

5. Gabby is sooooo cute in the ponytail. I love her hair!

6. That was very thoughtful of you to make dinner and the scrapbook for Brad and Laura. I have the accordian scrapbook you made for me when Cameron was born out and see it everyday! I love it! Remember making one for Mohamed's mom as well? You are AWESOME!!!

7. I can totally imagine Amanda with that quick smirk after scoring. She is not the fist pumping type of girl!

Can't wait for the next entry!!!!

Mom said...

I was excited to see your latest blog. What great pictures! The kids look like they had a great time with the slip and slide; too bad the weather has turned these past two weeks.
What a nice scrapbook gift you made for Laura and Brad. I know they will cherish it, as I cherish all the scrapbooks and items that you and Maureen have made for Dad and me.
Dad and I are looking forward to Nicholas' graduation tomorrow. I know he will not let us down. He is such a character, and always willing to show off his new moves, whether they are dance steps or new karate moves!