Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Week in Review........

It is 10:23 and everyone is asleep but me. I was waiting for Amanda to get home from the movies with a friend. She saw Shrek 4, and I was waiting downstairs so she wouldn't ring the doorbell and set the dog off and wake up the baby and Nick. I was uploading photos and working on my Brownie Troop Financial Report as I was waiting for Amanda. I just went upstairs to check on her and everyone is knocked out.... including Steve. The last 2 days he has worked soooo many hours. Then when he gets home he plays with the kids, helps with dinner or dishes, and then gets everyone ready for bed. Last night I fell asleep after 10 minutes of TV. Tonight Steve has fallen asleep before I've even made it upstairs. Well.... lucky for everyone.... I can blog without feeling guilty..... so here goes.......... This has been the past week in photos.....

This is what happens when I'm cooking dinner and the kids get a hold of Gabby...

She thought it was great! She kept trying to put the glasses on herself, but they wouldn't stay on that tiny nose. Nicholas had to keep adjusting them. Too cute!

Tuesday night I stayed up way to long making these sugar cookies for Nicholas' Kindergarten graduation ceremony on Wednesday. I had to bring 2 dozen cookies and appetizers for 40 adults. Costco helped with the appetizers..... but of course I had to make the cookies. I finished up close to midnight. My hand was very unsteady by the time I did the black outlines and the writing on the cookies. This is probably a 2 day job. The icing colors need to set before applying the next layer. The only problem is .... I only have a limited amount of time and that is when everyone is asleep. Also, I like to bake the cookies and ice them fairly quickly so they don't start to go stale. Here are the diplomas and shooting stars..........

The graduation caps were my favorites once I got the hang of them.... I was going to put the kids names on the hats, but my hand was very unsteady by about 11:30. I was done with them.


When I came up to bed Steve asked me if it was worth it. Next time I should buy the cookies. I know Nick liked them in the morning, and Amanda was pretty jealous.... I think they came out really cute. I guess it was worth it. At least I'm getting more practice. Who knows what I'll do with all these baking skills one day................ It could be a fun side business......

That brings us to Wednesday, Graduation day. Steve and Gabby are anxiously awaiting our Kindergarten graduate.

There he is receiving his diploma from his teacher and the assistant teacher...

May I present to you the graduating class of 2010

That's our boy.... the principal had asked all the students what their aspirations were for the future. Kids wanted to be everything from people doctors, to animal doctors, actresses, basketball players, and wrestlers. Nicholas had only 1 response. He wanted to be a palentologist. He wants to know why we can't excavate the backyard because there could be some dinosaur bones in the earth. Maybe one day...........

Grammie and Grampie Gerwatowski came to help celebrate Nick's accomplishments...

A happy photo....


In his graduation glory..... We will be doing this again in another 12 years.......


Gabby is always petting Tug, or in his bed, or checking out his ears......


Gabby sat still long enough to capture this shot. They really are adorable! Do you see a resemblance.... I have a hard time seeing it in my kids........

Gabby LOVES music and nursery rhymes. She is so excited to show off I'm-a-little-tea-pot. (Short and stout... here is my handle... here is my spout) Do you see her handle? She loves when
I tip her over......

Amanda had her end of the year picnic on Thursday afternoon. The kids were playing duck-duck-goose while waiting for the bubbles to be poured. Check out the action.....


Friday was the last day of school for Nicholas... Yeah! No more driving back and forth, back and forth everyday, an hour here, an hour there........

Friday evening we met Mo and Cam and Emmersyn at Gill park to play before dinner.... Nick was excited that he was strong enough to climb to the top of this monstrosity.......

All the cousins hanging out together........
Except for the baby cousins who were hanging out in their strollers.....

That brings us to today... Saturday. I worked this morning, cleaned the basement with the kids this afternoon, and then met Mo and the cousins at the library. They were having an event to kick off their summer reading program. We waited in line for an hour to get these airbrushed tattoos. 45 minutes into it.... Cameron decided he was too scared and got out of line.... after lots
of sun and sweat it was our turn....

Nick chose a flaming baseball..... pretty cool huh?
And Amanda chose a glittery peace sign.......


I didn't get any pictures of Cam or Emmersyn. I took those photos with my i-phone outside. After the library we came back to our house. The kids went through the sprinkler and I filled up some water balloons. Do you know how hard those things are to fill? They are impossible to fit on the faucet, they are difficult to tie, they kept breaking and squirting my walls in the laundry room, and the kids kept asking when they would be done. I was out of patience.... especially after waiting in line for an hour in the sun for a tattoo that was probably going to come off in the water! After 15 minutes of filling....they were broken in 60 seconds....


Amanda was trying to explain the water balloon game rules.... however... the boys just wanted to throw them at each other....hence.... they were all popped in 60 seconds.


And finally.... I thought this was pretty cute.... Gabby was trying to escape so she could go join everyone in the backyard.... it stinks to be the littlest one and to have to be held captive in the house... one day she is going to break free........


On a side note, I finished a book this week, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I had heard it was a good book. I had no expectations... all I knew was that it was about a bunch of letters. How exciting could it be? Well it was charming. A very quick, light read and I really enjoyed it.
Well, I'm off to bed. It is now 11:10 and I'm thoroughly exhausted. Until later...........

5 comments:

Mom said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog! You certainly had a full week. I am amazed that you still had time to read a book. You amaze me! The pictures, along with your cmmentaries, are great and tell the story of the week, your life!
Dad and I were happy to share in Nicholas' kindergarten graduation. The kids did such a great job! We are also looking forward to Amanda's last soccer game of the season today.
It was nice that the cousins were able to share time together this week. They always seem to have a great time when they play together. I can't wait for Gabby and Emmersyn to be able to join in with the big kids fun. I am sure once they are walking, it will hard to hold them back!
I appreciate reading yours and Maureen's blogs and being able to share in your lives through them.

Maureen said...

I'm going to have to come over and observe you decorating your cookies the next time there is an event. I don't understand how they come out so perfect! Even the writing. Anyway, the cookies were super cute and I believe that they took forever to decorate. I would have chosen to sleep rather than decorate.

Those glasses on Gabby are so funny. Whose glasses are they? They look huge on her little face.

The graduation pictures were great and can't wait to see how everyone changes over the next 12 years!

We had fun hanging out with you guys over the week-end...even waiting in line for tattoos....

Everyday Cameron asks to hang out with Nicholas and Amanda. He even tells me that Emmersyn wants to hang out with her cousin Gabby.

Loved all the pictures and was excited that you stayed up to post.

Steve said...

That's my wife! I don't know how she fits everything in, but she somehow seems to find a way. And she does everything so meticulously and perfectly as seen by the cookies. Can't change a tiger of its stripes. I already see this characteristic in Nicholas. Heaven help us all when something doesn't go his way. LOL! It's going to be one of his greatest strengths and weaknesses, just like his mom

Aunt Annette said...

Wow, great job on the cookies!! I hope you are scrapbooking your baking creations!! Loved all the photos. Looks like you have a wonderful start to the summer.

Laura & Brad said...

I love the pics of Gabby with the glasses! Nic looks so handsome in his cap and gown, WAY TO GO, NIC!