Sooo, I'm suppose to be at tennis with the kids... but the thought of running after Gabby for over an hour after being in the sun running after Gabby at Field Day, just didn't sound appealing.... not to mention Nicholas had a birthday party to attend which would put me racing in rush hour traffic to get him to the party on time... So here I am instead... hanging out with Gabby and Amanda waiting for Dominos to bring dinner to the front door.... it has been a L...O...N...G... week.....
Anyway, let's talk about something fun.... how about Mother's day last week. This is what I woke up to.... Breakfast made by Amanda and Nicholas. I am happy to report that there were no streamers hanging from the ceiling this year... that means no one was climbing on top of the refrigerator or over the counters. I like the healthy strawberries and blueberries that counter balance the whip cream on top of the waffles and the pancakes!
I received many coupons from the kids that offered to clean their rooms, watch Gabby, and pick up toys. My favorite coupon from Amanda was the one good for Peace and Quiet for a day. Unfortunately it expires on August 20th and I can only redeem it once! Here is an awesome tea cup made by Mr. Nick.
I spent most of Mother's day hanging out around the house, doing yard work, barbecuing, and playing tennis with the kids. I took this picture because it is so exciting to have NO WEEDS in the backyard before the 4th of July this year. Usually this area is an overgrown jungle, I should have taken a before shot so you could appreciate all the hard work.
I redeemed one of my coupons to have the kids watch Gabby while Steve and I worked in the yard. Gabby went down for a nap in the afternoon and the kids went to work coloring in the brick pavers. The patio was so bright and colorful that this picture doesn't do it justice. What a fun idea for a backyard barbecue..... have the kids color the bricks for a festive party. (I can hardly wait to see what Amanda will do to decorate for her huge upcoming Fourth of July Bash!)
Speaking of Mother's Day here are some shots from the Mother's Day BBQ at Justin's house. This is a fun shot of everyone!
Here is Dad proudly showing off the new car for Laura. He is attempting to demonstrating the voice activated calling feature.
Just love this shot of Gabby playing peek-a-boo with me.
A pretty photo of Amanda in the backyard...
After dinner Grampie thought it would be a great idea to start up a game of soccer. First he got the little kids involved....
Some action shots of Grampie, Nick, and Cameron. I was worried that the little spectator, Tyler, was going to get run over, but his dad was near by to block the ball.
Soon Tyler had enough sitting... he wanted to get in on the action... unfortunately he did not know who he was messing with.... cousin Gabriella was going to give him a run for his money... just try and take the ball... that pacifier really doesn't make you much of a threat!
A throw in after someone kicked it out of bounds AGAIN!
It wasn't long before the big kids wanted to get involved. Amanda was trying to show Uncle Justin her best offensive moves!
I wasn't kidding you when I said all the BIG KIDS wanted a turn to play....
Wow! It looks like these two play soccer. Maybe Amanda would hustle on the field a little faster if she was always trying to out run her brother.
Then there was 1 man down... out of the game due to an injury... a toe injury... but that is what happens when you play impromptu soccer in flip-flops. The good new is that there were 2 people to change the band-aid and an on-looker to make sure the job was done right. Such a competent medical staff standing by....
3 people to change a band-aid.... that has to make you laugh... Fortunately, Justin was back in the game and running around with no further injuries to report
.
I just find this photo Hilarious! Emmersyn and Gabby were on the loose....or should I say Emmersyn was on the loose and Gabby would follow her anywhere.... especially to the neighbors to check out all the fancy bushes. Steve had to run after the escapees and bring them back to Justin's backyard.
The girls thought this was hilarious. Look at the smiles on their faces as Steve carries them away from the neighbors. Those little scheming, stinkers!
Well I hope to post again soon. I started this post on Friday afternoon and it is know Sunday. I'm off to have breakfast and start the day. Until later...

No comments:
Post a Comment