Sunday, January 31, 2016

Randomness!!


So if I don't get an entry in today... I'll be busted.  I will fail the 5 per month challenge set forth by Maureen.  So here comes something I will call a-lot-of-random-junk-I-found-on-my-phone!

I bought a new Ninja blender and Nicholas, Gabby, and I have been making a lot of fruit smoothies.  I think I've perfected a few concoctions.  I am now enjoying my shakes daily and they are completely guilt free and nutritious.


 Everyday this is part of my routine with Gabby.  Lots and lots of reading.... she has improved so much!  I'm very proud of her hard work and success!
 This is a weird picture!  It's to show off cottage cheese.  As Nicholas likes to comment... who eats cottage cheese?  Don't you just put that in shells or lasagne... it looks gross!  Well believe it or not I got Gabby to try it and she likes it.  This girl needs protein so it is a perfect healthy snack.  Gabby and I were just finishing up and Nick was looking disgusted.
I got a chance to hang out with Tyler and Melia last weekend when Brad was shooting his product video upstairs.  It was a great conversation with Tyler.  First we discussed what he was building, a truck on an apple orchard with apples inside.  Duh...Aunt Nicole?  I thought it was a house, my mistake.  Then I heard all about his best friend Abby who likes to color although Tyler really likes to play with the blocks.  Then I told him Gabby really likes recess and free choice time which he tells me they don't have at school.... only "Purposeful Play."  Obviously there is no zoning out in Kindergarten.  We ended the conversation with Tyler telling me he couldn't read yet, but he could count to 100 by 1's which he did, then by 2's, followed by 10s.  He is a little math genius in the making.   I think we have a future engineer on our hands, he will probably work on the development of apple carts!
Then it was time to hang out with this cutie.  She was amazing at putting puzzles together.  In fact she wanted to impress Aunt Nicole so much she mixed up both sets of puzzle pieces and did 2 at a time.... increasing the difficulty just to show off.  Amazingly, she got Cookie Monster and Oscar back together in a matter of minutes.  Of course, I was very impressed.  She is going to have some career where visual spatial skills are in high demand!  This was one of the only shots I got of Melia, because Tyler kept photo bombing all the other photos.  Maybe I should have included those.
And because I have to practice taking more selfies.... here are a lot of practice shots. Me and Mom hanging out on Wednesday for coffee and treats. What's up with my snake neck?  Note to self... learn how to hold the camera without tilting your head!
Me and Nick... This was pretty good... at least it was straight on
I pulled Bradley into this selfie shot.... cute picture.
Alright enough practice... I think I've got the selfie with somebody perfected!
Here are a couple shots from this weekend.  It was our last day of tennis for the winter session.  We won't be seeing Cameron, Emmersyn, and Mo regularly on Saturdays anymore.  So I had everyone over for dinner and to play one last time after tennis.  I'm gonna miss the kookiness and fun of seeing everyone.  This was a photo of Emmersyn announcing she was so strong that she could pick up Gabby.  "Do you want to see?" Gabby looks a little uncertain of Emmersyn's strength
She was right... she could do it.  The girls were cracking up.... especially Gabby.
Earlier in the afternoon, when the kids were at tennis, Brad convinced me to help out with another product video since the first went over so well.  Look at his face.... he is so happy... He found another sucker!  Actually he was laughing at his ghetto tripod... which was actually a great tripod with a rubber band holding his phone so he could shoot at just the optimal angle.  Of course he is an engineer so his tripod/camera set-up worked perfectly.
And finally.... Mo got me thinking about having a goal to work towards now that she is starting to run this 1/2 marathon.  I started considering maybe doing a fitness competition.
It would involve training and getting my body into athletic looking shape... not bodybuilding.  I'm not 100% convinced, but I've started to research the idea.  After all, I'm not getting any younger and it would be a fun goal to achieve.
Woohoo!  So it looks like I did it.  I've made 5 entries just in time.  I better start thinking about February.  Until later....


1 comment:

Maureen said...

Loved the post, loved that you hit the 5 entries/month goal, and love your arms. You were making me nervous getting this last post in on the last day, but everyone has a different comfort zone, right? As far as challenging yourself to a fitness competition…ABSOLUTELY! I will be behind you every step of the way cheering you on. Anyone can run, as that’s what our bodies are made for, but getting your body to show the definition of muscles….CRAZY. I couldn’t do that….You absolutely MUST engage in this challenge. You will be awesome! How fun and exciting.

I love the conversations with Tyler and Melia. Isn’t it cool how little minds work? And, you have gotten awesome with the selfies. So proud of you. Hasn’t it been great to get back into blogging and feeling a sense of accomplishment? Just wait until you compete in your fitness competition….You will feel great and will have achieved something in your life that you have not done before.... Not many people can say they have competed in a fitness competition! Go Nicole!