Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wacky Wednesday

Wednesdays... I like... I don't work, and I usually get a lot of things done.  Last Wednesday was no exception.  After running errands and getting things done around the house, I decided to stop by and see mom and dad for an impromptu visit.  Well not really impromptu... I did call ahead.  I was hoping dad would make cappuccino and mom would have cookies and I could take a break.  Dad had been sick the last week so I was wondering how everyone was doing.  I was totally surprised when I walked in and saw dad was growing a beard.  I had to snap a photo of it. I really like it... he's totally on trend right now.  He wasn't sure he liked that it was coming in gray, but I think it looks great!
 So of course dad provided my coffee, and mom had some yummy treats. Better than any Starbucks... this is where Mo and I should be coming on Saturdays.
 Then it was time to race home to get the kids off the bus.  I was feeling so good after all I  had accomplished and a nice visit.  This is where things turn of course.  As soon as I got on the expressway, my instrument panel lights up warning me of imminent danger!  I just hate when those lights go on.  It's like you need to pull over immediately.... or the car might roll over and crash and you will be in a mangled heap of a vehicle which will probably explode... all because you disregarded the light! Needless to say.. I didn't disregard the light.  As soon as I got off the expressway, I headed to Belle Tire to see if they could look at my car.  I guess the light was not signaling an immediate explosion.... but instead low tire pressure.  Within a flustered 15 minutes,  I got in contact with the kids to make sure they had a key to get in the house and someone could get Gabby off the bus.  Then I decided I would walk home or call Mom and see if she could help me out.  I had a full afternoon getting kids different places.  Of course, after just leaving Mom's house she got right in her car and came to pick me up. She was a lifesaver again!  As I was having this frantic conversation with Mom about whether I should walk home in blustery conditions for 1.5 miles or wait.... a man was eavesdropping on my conversation.  He probably wasn't eavesdropping.... I'm pretty loud... and when I'm frantic... I'm sure my voice was rising.  I was worried about getting home to the kids.  Anyway... when I got off the phone... this man offers to drive me to my house or anywhere I needed to go.  I told him I thought that was such a generous offer and so very sweet, but my mom was coming after all.  However, I hate that my mind was going.....

THERE IS NO WAY I'M GETTING IN THE CAR WITH SOME STRANGE MAN I DON'T KNOW AND LETTING HIM TAKE ME TO MY HOUSE! I'd rather be in my mangled exploding car, instead of kidnapped and driven to the back woods of Tennessee in someones trunk.  It is so bad that I thought that!  He was probably a good Christian man just offering to help a flustered girl! So anyway... Mom saves the day and drives to gymnastics and tennis and back to Belle Tire to pick up my car... and did I mention she did a puzzle in the meantime with Gabby.  She is Super Grammie!

Needless to say... that evening... I was exhausted and a little cranky... but having great family support really pulled me through.  I'm truly blessed!  Because the alternative would find me with no food and water taken hostage in a cabin in Tennessee.  UGH!  Until later.... (3 more entries to go)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Finding this blog entry in the middle of my workday was just like being allowed to go out for recess as a kid. I was so excited! It gave me a little break, and rejuvenated me enough to get through the rest of my day!

Rather than dictating an assessment report, I would much rather dictate a response to a blog entry!!!!

I'm glad you were able to visit with mom and dad. Every time I see a picture of the two of them, I think how photogenic they are.... We have some great genes, and are going to look fabulous down the road.... We don't have to worry much about aging!!

I think you need to make it a point to stop by or socialize more on Wednesdays! It does a body good!

And, you are always saying how bad you are at making decisions. I have to say you made a darn good decision when you decided not to get in the car of the random, nutty guy! How crazy is that????

Am totally enjoying your blogging! Recess is over for me. Need to get back to work!

Steve said...

Great blog! Can't wait to see the finished product from Dad, it's already looking pretty good.

Mom was an absolute lifesaver that day as she's been on many other days. Wouldn't have been able to get through the day as successfully without all her help.

Looking forward to 3 more blogs in 10 days!