Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Decorating

We always dye Easter eggs.  This was the first time Amanda wasn't around to help, so it was all up to Gabby and Nick.  We have done every kind of egg decorating kit out there:  glitter eggs, tie dye eggs, marble, color resist, painting, princess, I think even dinosaur awhile back.  Nick chose this kit when we were out... weird faces.  Okay.... it looked like fun.  Gabby is a total pro at age 6.  She didn't even crack an egg this year.
 Nick trying a double dip technique.  It came out cool, 1/2 blue and 1/2 orange!
 Putting the faces on the eggs were a little challenging.  You would think stickers were easy, but when the kit only costs $2 what do you expect.  The backings wouldn't come off the stickers and they were a pain in the butt.  The hair was pretty cool though.
 The crazy-weirdo eggs!!!
 And since we are on the Easter theme... while the kids were decorating eggs... I was decorating cupcakes.  They were really good, except for that edible grass.  Next time I'll just have to pipe it.
So there's a little Easter fun and I have much more to come.  I just needed a break from Florida.  It seems like that is the only thing we did in February, and I have to share some March happenings.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I have to say, I am utterly impressed that you pulled off all of these blog entries at the end of the month! You freak me out by how last minute you are. I can’t understand that!!!! You guys always do an amazing job when it comes to coloring eggs! I really liked these crazy face people! As for the cupcakes, not much to stay but: amazing, delectable, wonderful, incredible, delicious, mouthwatering…. Need I say more?????