Monday, August 31, 2009

We are Back.........

Yeah!!! We are finally home and freezing again. I can't believe that yesterday in Orlando it was 93, and today in Michigan my car registered 64. This is some serious autumn weather for August.

Anyway, I should be doing laundry and unpacking, but I thought I might do a quick post. Here are a few thoughts...... As much as I love being away on vacation, it feels great to be home. I can't wait to sleep in my BIG KING SIZE bed tonight. I don't think I've had a good nights sleep these past 2 weeks. Gabby has been tough. Right now she has been napping for 2 1/2 hours. I hope she sleeps tonight. The flight home was uneventful, but a little chaotic. Steve and Nicholas sat together, and Amanda, Gabby, and I flew together. It's times like this that I wish I had an extra pair of hands. For example, Amanda wanted me to get her bagel with cream cheese and I just wanted to get situated on the plane. I had the diaper bag, computer bag, and Amanda's backpack in my arms, along with the baby, and a hot coffee. I just wanted Amanda to help me with the coffee. Could she please just hold it so it wouldn't spill while I stowed the baby, I mean the luggage, and stopped Gabby from wailing. I know it was a difficult request. (She was STARVING, as she has been telling me all along.) Anyway, Amanda decided to put it on my seat where it would be safe. Ugh! I could just see it spilling on the baby, or her, or me,or the unhappy gentleman that got to sit next to us. Ugh! And...... we hadn't even taken off yet. As my Mom would say, take a deep breath.... See why I need another pair of hands? The poor man that sat next to us. I'm sure he couldn't wait to get off the plane. Anyway, the rest of the flight was fine. Amanda ate her bagel, Gabby slept, ate, smiled, and cried doing all the things she does best.

Here's another random thought..... Michele and I went shopping at the outlet mall in Florida. I found some great shorts at Ann Taylor for an unbelievable price. As I was about to check out, the sales girl said I should try this other style, because she just LOVES them. I really didn't want to try them, but I did. I need a size 0. You see.... I use to wear a size 4 and later that became a 2 and a 1 and now I wear a 0. I don't think my weight has changed at all, but the sizes sure have. Anyway...... I go and try on the shorts and they didn't fit right, they were actually too big in the hips. Good, I wanted to leave. As I was leaving the dressing room the sales girl approaches to see how I like her FAVORITE short. Oh well, they were too big I told her making my way up to the register again. Oh, that's not a problem she informs me, I can try on the 00. Yeah double zero. How can that size even exist? Give me a break. I'm not that tiny! What do tiny people wear? They must wear negative numbers, a size -1 or -2, 0r maybe they wear imaginary numbers, 1i or 2i. Totally RIDICULOUS. I wish the price would fall instead of the size of the clothes. What happened to small, medium, and large?

Well, I really do have to go get something done. I have pictures from our day at Animal Kingdom, but I haven't uploaded them yet so. Enjoy these instead!

This could be my favorite photo of the trip. Who does Gabriella look like? Her handsome Daddy? Nah, I think Me with the brown hair. (Hey, I can hope one of my kids looks like me!)

These pictures are from the Jacksonville Zoo. It was AWESOME. It was an overcast day so the animals were very active. The Florida kids were back in school, and we had the whole place to ourselves. The parking lot was empty and we thought the place was going to be a dud. Wow, were we wrong! Michele came with us and we all had a great time. Going to the zoo with Steve and his sister is like going with experienced tour guides. They know all kinds of animal facts about all different species. This photo was for Grampie Herdoiza. Here is Nicholas riding the Pachyderm.


We were all able to feed the giraffe Romaine lettuce. Very cool!


Here we are on the train.

Back to pool pictures.


Here everyone is racing and the rules included wearing a float. The fish were in the lead, followed by the alligator, and the drowning butterfly.

So cute......

The kids had a lot of junk food on this trip. Grammie H. claims it is OK for vacation. Check out that glass of hot cocoa under the mounds of whip cream and marshmallows. It does look YUMMY.
Well.... I'm off to do something productive. Until later.............

1 comment:

Maureen said...

You guys obviously had a great time. My favorite pictures are the pool race pictures with the floats and Amanda's hot chocolate with the marshmellows! As far as cutie putie Gabby, I have no idea who she looks like. I don't think she looks like either Nicholas or Amanda...the only thing she has in common, is her cuteness! Let me know if you can get together this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice...Maybe we can try swimming for the final weekend of the summer. Let me know about your plans. Skye me when you have time!