Real quickly I'm going to share with you the photos from Gabby's birthday party. Here is the Mickey Mouse birthday cake. I swore I would never make another Disney character... they are too difficult... Cinderella, Ariel, Lightening McQueen, you really have to get their features perfect so they look like the cartoon. Mickey was a mouse, and did not have any human features, so maybe that is why I found him a little easier to make. When I first started with just his white icing eyes... I wasn't quite sure.... but overall I think the cake came out cute and a close replica of the famous guy!

Some of the birthday treats I made.... the chocolate dipped marshmallows were fantastic and super easy. The only problem with them (besides wanting to eat them all) is that you must make them at the last minute. If marshmallows are exposed to air for long periods of time they get hard... and who wants to bite into a crunchy, stale, marshmallow. The cookies were fun little Mickey heads, glitter hearts, flowers, and my attempt at animal print

(zebra stripe).
A little cookie bouquet I made... looking at the photo now I see it could have used a few more cookies...

The party guests... loved Crystals new hair color and bangs... such a cute style...

The birthday girl at rest.... fleeing from my camera

Brad and Laura....

An attempt of a family photo

Applause once again after the "Happy Birthday" rendition

Trying to prevent Gabby's long hair from falling into the flames

as she blows out her candles
We turned the cake around so she would have better blowing ability.....

One of her absolute favorite gifts....a glamorous, hot-pink, sparkly purse... it is the same style as my Coach purse that she loves to carry around the house, Franklin, and the store. Now she has her own purse and she immediately slung it right over her shoulder in the same manner she wears mine.

Riding her new Mickey airplane... with her fashionable new purse!

Well there you have it.... short and sweet... that was Gabby's 2 year old birthday. Next it will be on to Easter. Until later.....
3 comments:
I could go for one of those treats right about now!
I love the family picture of you, Steve, and Gabby.
Is she still carrying the purse all around? That was a great gift idea!
Gabby was precious at her party. Remind us to send you the video of her head banging to her Happy Birthday song.
Gabby was precious at her party. Remind us to send you the video of her head banging to her Happy Birthday song.
Post a Comment